Smile with Confidence
The importance of your smile cannot be underestimated. It’s the first thing to be noticed about you from business meetings to social engagements. A beautiful smile projects your personality and plays a key role in your self-esteem.
Nowadays, “Hollywood Smile” has become increasingly popular which is a total makeover of your smile. More and more patients are demanding this smile so that it meets their desires of a cosmetic makeover. Those who want a noticeable change, struggle with misaligned or discolored teeth frequently opt for this treatment for a refreshed feel.
Treatment options of Hollywood Smile are:
- Porcelain Veneers: A dental veneer is a prothesis in the form of a thin lamellae attached to the front surface of the tooth to improve its appearance.
- Dental Crowns or Bridges: Crowns and bridges are a fixed solution to missing or damaged teeth. This restorative procedure uses prosthetic devices to return your smile to its natural state. A crown is used when the tooth structure is damaged or fractured while a bridge is used when one or more teeth are missing. The crown can be made of metal, a combination metal and ceramic as in traditional crowns or more modern protheses. It restores the tooth to its natural shape, size and function. Ceramic, on the other hand, provides the advantage of being fixed and very discreet in your smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Staining or discoloration on your teeth can negatively affect the appearance of your smile. You can whiten your teeth in eight or more shades with professional teeth whitening, whether during surgery or in the comfort of your home.
- Gum Lifting / Contouring / Reshaping: A gummy smile occurs when the gum tissue hides the surfaces of the teeth more than normal. With gum lifting or gum reshaping, we can remove excess gum tissue with laser quickly, safely and with minimal discomfort for a more natural looking smile.
A Hollywood Smile is often created using a combination of the above techniques.
The main reasons why patients want to transform their smiles are the desire for a younger appearance, to be noticed, to smile with pride and to increase self-confidence.
Characteristics of Hollywood Smile are:
- The color of teeth is sparkling white with no other features such as stains or cracks.
- The teeth have little or no texture.
- There is minimal or no translucency at the incisal edge of the teeth.
- The teeth are symmetrical in size, shape and length.
- There are no gaps crowding between teeth.
- The teeth are symmetrically aligned.
- The gums are symmetrical.
- The “Golden Ratio Rule” is followed.
Have a “Trial Smile”
Once the oral health has been assessed and the patient has chosen to move forward with the Hollywood smile, smile design options will be presented and patients will be able to pre-experiment with the "Trial Smile". This allows patients to see what their new smiles will look like before any work is done to ensure complete satisfaction with their choices.
Impressions and images of oral and facial dimensions will be taken, then these measurements will be used by dental laboratory technicians to create a custom-made "Trial Smile". If the patient wishes to change a certain aspect of their new smile, such as the shape or color of the crowns, it’s pretty simple to do so.
After choosing your smile features and veneers, tooth preparation begins while your porcelain veneers are being made.
Tooth preparation involves whitening your teeth if necessary, so they all match the color of the chosen coating. Minimal dental preparation is also required, such as removal of dental tissue but the dentist will ensure that the experience is as painless as possible.